Post-Pandemic life has quickly changed the way many of us work, including our work environment. Many Americans are now switching to “working from home” roles, and we can expect this trend to stay. Working from home was an alternative many companies switch to after a country wide burnout from pandemic lifestyle changes. It allows employees to focus on both their physical and mental well-being, while still remaining as, or even more productive as they would be in an office space.
Do you work from home? If so, this article is for you!
Master working from home with these solid tips:
1. Get dressed for your work day - Even though you’re not going into the office, getting dressed can mentally prepare you for your workday ahead. Think of this as your “natural alarm” to starting your day off on the right foot.
2. Have a complete workspace set us - Even if you don’t have your own “office” at your house, you can still set up a very productive work space. Keeping a dedicated workspace allows you to stay focused on your tasks while in your “zone.”
3. Make sure you have a good Wifi connection - Wifi is extremely necessary for production while working at home. You must make sure your Wifi connection is secure and reliable. The last thing you want is for your audio/video to short out during an important business call!
4. Utilize your lunch break to its fullest potential - Feeling overwhelmed with work? Take a walk! Make a healthy meal! Take a 20 minute power nap on your lunch break. Utilize your time to the best of your ability to help stay on track and focused.
5. Set boundaries with family members who are also at home - Do you have children? It may be best to hire a nanny while working remotely so you do not become distracted with your life responsibilities during working hours. Just because you’re working from home doesn’t mean you need to juggle both family life and work life at once. It is important to create this healthy boundary to remain focused and available for your job.
We hope these few tips help you navigate the world of working from home! If you have any questions, please reach out to IFC Studios for more!